Japanese cuisines are one of the highly unique and delicious cuisines in the world. It offers an unlimited assortment of local and seasonal dishes. Among them, Donburi rice bowls and Salmon Cakes are the two that are worth trying. Let’s have a look at both the dishes one by one.
Donburi Rice Bowls
Donburi rice bowls (ข้าว ดง บุ ริ, which is the term in Thai) stand as the perfect choice for delicious Japanese cuisine. Served in a “don”(plate), this cuisine consists of fish, meat, vegetables, or other ingredients served over a large bowl of rice. The bowl is both filling and convenient. Thus, it is the Japanese version of a full meal.
Follow The Recipe To Enjoy Your Favorite Japanese Cuisine:
- Prepare the rice using a rice cooker or a pot.
- Take another pan and prepare the toppings.
- Choose your favorite fish, meat, vegetables, and any other ingredient as the topping.
- Cook it in low heat.
- Serve it hot with a large bowl of rice.
Another delightful cuisine that is worth tasting is Salmon Cakes (เค้ก ปลา แซลมอน, term in Thai). They are crispy and golden from the outside and moist and soft on the inside. They are tender and juicy, filled with salmon flakes. You can also serve it as an appetizer at a gathering. Thus, these are the quickest and healthiest appetizer you can make for yourself!
Make Your Favorite Appetizer With This Simple Recipe:
- Grind salmon fillets(without bones), whole grain mustard, some olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, yogurt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in the food processor.
- Take some bread crumbs. Add the ground mixture and some cilantro and chives.
- Mix it and divide equally.
- Pan-fry the patties.
- Serve hot with the sauce.
Both the dishes have their unique taste and mouth-watering flavor. You can have the former as a meal and the latter as an appetizer. Although rice is their staple food, the incorporation of the rice with other ingredients is very delightful. On the other hand, the juiciness and tenderness of the salmon in the form of cakes are also worth tasting.
Hence, the dishes seasoned with flavored spices make it a top-notch dish. You can have both the dishes with pickled vegetables and salad. Therefore, the Japanese washoku is the traditional word for Japanese cooking. So, enjoy and give yourself a treat of the impressive delicacies at your favorite restaurant.